Carpet can have a positive effect on the indoor air quality of your home. When dust, pollen, and other particles fall to the floor, they become trapped in the carpet. Therefore, they are not being circulated in the air. Once the carpet is cleaned, these dust particles and allergens are removed from the carpet and kept away from the air we breathe.
If you have asthma or allergies, you do not need to avoid having carpet in your home. Carpet can reduce the symptoms. Mold cannot grow on synthetic fibers when the carpet is kept clean and dry.
If you need carpet & rug cleaning, Call Today at 609-241-9334 in NJ, USA.
Proper Carpet Care:
You should vacuum high traffic areas daily. Regular vacuuming has the largest impact on the air you breathe. How long your carpet lasts depend on how well you take care of it.
Follow these simple steps to keep your carpet clean and looking like new:
- Before vacuuming, dust the blinds, windowsills, and furniture surfaces. That way, any dust from these areas will get vacuumed and not fall on the carpet after you’ve already cleaned it.
- Go slow and steady when vacuuming, so that the rollers can agitate the carpet to loosen the dirt, and it can be extracted as the vacuum cleaner moves over the area being vacuumed.
- Make sure you vacuum in the corners and crevices.
- Replace the vacuum bag or empty it once it becomes full or half full.
- Vacuum at least once a week. High traffic and pet areas should be vacuumed daily.
- Clean any spots and spills immediately.
When and How Often Should You Vacuum:
You should not wait until the carpet looks dirty or becomes completely saturated with soil before it is cleaned. When the carpet looks dirty, it may be too late to restore it to its original appearance.
The dirt seen on the carpet once it is built up is just the surface dirt. The dirt that is layered underneath is what causes damage to the carpet.
Tips for Cleaning or Shampooing Carpet Yourself:
Remove the furniture from the carpeted area or push it to the other side of the room while the carpet is being shampooed until you finish and then move the carpet back. Place a piece of plastic or cardboard underneath the legs of the furniture. This will help aid in moving the furniture and prevent the furniture from leaving stains on the wet carpet.
Open the windows and doors so air can get in to help facilitate the drying process.
The carpet should be completely dry before anyone walks on it or replaces the furniture. Wet carpet could take between 6-12 hours to dry.
Hiring a Professional
To make sure your carpet continues to look new and last for many years, you should hire a professional. Air Duct Cleaning USA in NJ offers several cleaning options for any type of carpet & rug cleaning.
For fast service and a professional job, call us today at 609-241-9334.